Ohhhhh this is such a fun and easy recipe! I really hope you guys love it!
My in-laws were coming on for dinner last Friday, and I wanted to make apple pie, but I was getting home about 15 minutes before they were scheduled to arrive. I’m a somewhat fast cook, but not that fast. Earlier in the week, I had an epiphany on how to make a speedy and delicious week night apple pie.
Weeknight Apple Pie. Well. Kinda
12 wonton wrappers
2 apples, peeled and diced
1 pear, peeled and diced
4 tblsp of brown sugar (try homemade)
4 tblsp of honey or evaporated cane juice, or sweetener of choice
A gallon, errr a tblsp of cinnamon
1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
1/2 cup of old fashioned oats
1/4 cup (half of one stick) of butter
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2) Mix the apples and pears in a bowl, and drizzle a little honey over the fruit, and toss with a spoon.
3) Add the dry ingredients to a measuring cup, and add the butter and microwave until the butter is melted. Probably about 35 seconds. Stir.
4) In a muffin tin, place one wonton wrapper in each muffin (for lack of a better word) hole. That’s right, I said it – muffin hole.
5) Spoon a scoop of the fruit mixture in to each wonton wrapper.
6) Top with a scoop of the flour/oat mixture.
7) Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the wonton edges are lightly browned and crispy. Serve with a scoop of ice cream.
8) She shoots, she scores! And the crowd goes wild.