It all started with a loaf of bread. And a pound of local asparagus. And a strong desire not to cook.
We were at the Farmer’s Market on Saturday and found “pizza” baguettes. And it needed to get in to my mouth STAT. I remembered a recipe I had seen earlier in the week, and decided to recreated it – “Sarah Style”.
4 cloves of garlic, finely minced
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp dried parsley
1/4 tsp dried chives
salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil for dipping
Ricotta (homemade or store bought. I actually used some homemade cottage cheese for this)
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2) Put the cheese in a mixing bowl. Add the spices. Mix.
3) Pour some olive oil in a plate. Slice the baquette, and dip each piece of bread in the olive oil. Place on a baking stone or baking sheet.
4) Top with the cheese mixture.
|Leave a few without cheese for your picky ass kid.|
5) Put in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
6) Top with tomatoes prior to serving (because hot tomatoes are the work of the devil).
7) Resign yourself to never kissing your spouse again because your garlic breath is so stanky!
This was a great “meat-free” meal that left us super full and happy! I also paired it with homemade hummus (recipe tomorrow).