So, I love these potatoes for multiple reasons. But the top reason? You cook them in a cast iron skillet which means you don’t have to wash an extra dish. I would live my life in cast iron to cut down on dishes. Cast iron pants? Cast iron shoes? Yes please.
This side dish is stupidly easy, and comes together wickedly fast.
And you don’t have to wash the dish. Did I mention that already?
-Potatoes (duh) – however many you’d like. Organic if possible
-1 tsp of dried parsley
-salt and pepper to taste
-1/8 tsp dried dill
-6 (yes 6) cloves of garlic
-2 tblsp olive oil, plus a bit more to coat the skillet
-1/4 tsp dried chives
-sprinkle of smoked paprika (less than 1/8 tsp. Literally, just a sprinkle)
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Put your cast iron skillet in the oven while preheating.
2) I cut the potatoes and garlic up on the weekend to make dinner a faster affair during the week.
3) In your tub, or a mixing bowl, add the spices and 2 tblsp of olive oil. If using a lidded container, put the lid on and shake (told you these were lazy potatoes). If using a mixing bowl, mix with a spoon.
4) When the oven is hot, carefully remove the skillet and drizzle a little olive oil on the pan. Swirl to coat the bottom. Add the spuds, give them a stir, and then put them back in the oven for 11 minutes.
5) At 11 minutes, give them a stir, and put them back in for another 10-15 depending on how crispy you prefer them. You can also blast them with a broiler for the last minute or two to get them really crispy!
|Some asparagus I had roasted the night before was hitching a ride in the last 5 minutes to heat up.|
6) Serve with your favorite main dish. Foolishly say “yes” when your 3 year old asks if HE can put the ketchup on YOUR plate.