Oh lawdy, Jack and I had the best trip to visit my friend Anne. 90% of our visit revolved around food, and that always makes me happy. The other 10% was visiting and laughing.
Jack gets incredibly spoiled by “Auntie Anne”, and I just let the whole snacks thing go while on vacation. I put that watermelon in the grocery cart; it was delicious!
We also ate insane donuts.
And I bought Troy a souvenir back from Voodoo Donuts.
And visited the absolutely gorgeous Chihuly installation.
Our visits never last long enough (sigh). It’s nice to come home, but part of me just wants to live with her forever.
Upon our return from our fabulous visit, Jack started karate, aka “ninja school”. It’s only 30 minutes, which is perfect for a class of four, five, and six year olds. When he came out after the first practice, I said “did you like it buddy”? He looked at me and said “I LOVED IT”! Plus, it’s a fabulous guilt trip for me when he is acting like a complete tool at home, I can just ask “what would Sensei say about this”?
It’s blackberry season here in the Pacific Northwest, AKA the most delicious free weeds a girl can get. Please make sure you realize I’m saying weedS, and not weed. Pot is legal here in Washington; I’m talking about blackberries people. BLACKBERRIES.
They grow EVERYWHERE here, and are essentially free for the taking. Entire companies make money advertising blackberry removal. FREE WEEDS people, free weeds. While out blackberry picking on Friday, Jack and I wandered by a garage sale. One of the common problems in our house is we quickly run out of silverware. With my parent’s moving in this fall, and with them having dinner with us each night, I knew this would continue to be an issue. I was thrilled to find a big pile of silverware with a sticker that says “make offer”. I offered them a dozen eggs, and they gleefully took me up on that offer. Now, we have some spare beautiful silverware that needs a little TLC, but works just fine.
Plus it came with this adorable boy.
Meal plan time! Reminder, I only plan dinners. My breakfast of choice is homemade Greek yogurt with tons of cut up fresh fruit (or fruit I froze in the summer), and a homemade granola bar crumbled on top. It’s delicious and keeps me completely full and satisfied until lunch. Lunches are always leftovers. We rarely eat dessert during the week, and our dinner drink of choice is water kefir soda.
Monday:: “Chipotle” taco bowls with cilantro lime rice, shredded chicken, black beans, salsa, and avocado.
Tuesday:: Chopped salad with grilled spicy chicken sausage.
Wednesday:: Omelets (thanks feathered ladies), leftover chopped salad, and fruit.
Thursday:: My in-laws will feed us. HURRAY!
Friday:: Best night of the week; popcorn dinner!
Saturday:: I’m not quite sure yet. Truth.
Sunday:: My godson is turning five, so we’ll probably not be super hungry after the party. Because of timing, we will miss family dinner, but I’ll put a homemade pizza in the freezer just in case.
This week we spent $32 a fancy pants grocery store to stock up on bulk essentials (cocoa powder, tortillas, etc.), $16 at the local farm stand, $3.50 at the farm for raw milk, and $20 at the regular grocery store.
What are you having this week?